Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Response to Allison Ray

Do you buy things specifically because you have a coupon for it? Do you go out to eat at a restaurant because you have a coupon for it?

I personally find myself not using coupons for things like groceries, electronics, and restaurants. I find myself using coupons at clothing stores that I receive for using the rewards card. I know that almost weekly I have coupons being sent to my house and as soon as I get them in the mail, I have to go out and use them right away. If I don't do it right away, I find myself loosing the card at the bottom of my purse to just expire and to not be used. This is something I should probably get better at. I should also start using coupons as I get them for restaurants and grocery stores. The thing that absolutely blows my mind is the show, "Extreme Couponers" where people can save 99% on a $500 tab they just ran up. They buy 200 rolls of paper towels, 100 cans of soup, and hair shampoos and conditioners that will last them for up to five years. I find that as I get older and have a family of my own I should probably start to use coupons to save money, but I could never see myself doing something as extreme as that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment