Sunday, February 17, 2013

In response to Kristen Shae

Do you find yourself in need of a constant new item or toy? Do you find yourself to be a big spender or saver?

I find myself always needing the new item or toy. I know that once everyone was getting into the iPhone, that my phone was just not going to be able to cut it for me. Since all my friends were getting iPhones and starting to "group message" each other, and my messages were coming as picture messages, I knew that I needed to keep up with the latest and greatest technology. As much as I want to always have the latest and greatest, I find myself being a saver when it comes to money. Being a college kid, you don't always have the extra money to go out and get the latest new thing, but I know when I'm able to save up a lot, I will so I can afford new things. But I find myself being an impulsive shopper. If I am just out at the store, and I see my friend's favorite candy, I will buy a bag, when I know I shouldn't be spending the money and I really should just be saving it. When I am out clothes shopping, I find myself buying things for other people as gifts and not just for myself. I wish I wasn't such an impulsive shopper and I know I should not just spend whenever I think someone needs something.

1 comment:

  1. I don't feel the need to buy the new "in" thing but this is because of my general philosophy of if my current one isn't broken to the point I can't use it anymore, don't get a new one. The only thing that I am a little impulsive with is food by buying snacks I don't need. It is also a matter that I refuse to spend above my means when I work so little during the school year. Also the nature of my purchases are normally craft supplies, so I get weeks of entertainment for around 20. Another thing I occasionally splurg on is entertainment but that is only roughly only a tenth of what I earn a week. What do you think is a reasonable amount to allocate towards entertainment when trying to save money?

    ReplyDelete